I did 2 miles on the track, swam 3/4 of a mile and then walked home, this weather is really getting me pumped up. Also. I’ve lost 30 lbs since January 1st! It’s been so great getting back in the pool, I’m really sore, but it feels so good. I’m also drinking Jillian Michaels meal replacement shakes… they are the best tasting shakes ever. for real. try one. Maybe that’ll be my pic for the day later.
I’m all smiles.
I found this list of 40 tips for a better life.
There’s a lot of good stuff in here!
“Reading tips from the Internet, I got this useful list where I personally follow some of it to help me sort of improve my day to day life. Read through it and just follow the things you want to believe. Remember, each person has his/her own needs/wants/beliefs.
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, ‘My purpose is to __________ today.’
5. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2007.
7. Make time to practice meditation, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, OR issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the nagative blues away.
18. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
Next 20 after the jump.
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will this matter?’
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. Remember God heals everything.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often.
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for _______. Today I accomplished ____.
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
40. Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can’t change.”
Jillian is kicking my butt.
So, I’ve been stuck… for 2 weeks, same activity, same eating, same weight… this week I’m kicking it up… ugh. My arms feel like Jell-o, and my legs are cramping already. BUT… Meatless Monday went really well… it wasn’t too hard because I worked from 8:15-9:40 with about an hour break….collectively. I think I consumed 700 calories yesterday… oops. Today was much better… I even had breakfast this morning! haha, a rare thing for me. :)
I’m driving, the sun is out, life is good.
I love this song!
I hate that it pasted like this, but you get it.
Hallelujah! I Am FreeWe stand before You, broken and weak.We come with nothing to lay at Your feet.The cross where Your righteousness and mercy meetOffers hope, offers peace.Healing compassion gives sight to the blind.Reaches the dying and brings them to life.Leaving the darkness for Your perfect light,Lord, we come. Lord, we come.Hallelujah! This sacrifice,The blood of Christ covers me.Hallelujah! Love paid the price,Hallelujah! I am free, I am free. All the abandoned and all the oppressedRun to the Father and enter His restAll of the orphans who long to be blessedWon’t you come, won’t you come?Hallelujah! This sacrifice,The blood of Christ covers me.Hallelujah! Love paid the price,Hallelujah! I am free, I am free
Its Lent. A couple years ago I read through Purpose Driven Life, it was awesome. I am trying to honor God with my body… I am going to do ‘Meatless Mondays’ (and Thursdays)
Don’t tell my brother… Haha, being into agriculture and farming he isn’t keen on the idea of me wanting to cut out meat, red meat especially. Anyway, I am also going to be better about having a GOOD quiet time these 40 days. Lately I have just felt so blah. I just feel like I’m missing something, and I hate that feeling. I know what I’m missing, I know how to fix it, and I know that I am not doing things right. Hopefully I can get myself back on the right path soon… So, there’s the update for you. Pictures from the past days will be coming. I don’t have a computer or internet right now and I have pictures on my camera that I want to upload. :)
I suck at blogging. Ill write more later. Ha.